Shelton's Application FAQ

Application FAQ


If you have further questions, please feel free to ask us at any time.

Human Resources 360-426-1687.

When should I apply?
We have an open application period all year round, so you may apply at any time whether there is a position open or not. HOWEVER, TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SPECIFIC POSITION, YOU MUST APPLY FOR THAT POSITION. COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A SPECIFIC POSITION.
Return to top

How can I find out about open positions?
You may view openings (and apply) by visiting our website: We post positions in each building as well as in the District Office.
Return to top

May I apply for more than one position?
Certainly, you may apply for any open position for which you feel qualified and/or in which you are interested.
Return to top

How long is my application kept on file?
We keep your application active for one year from the date your application is received. When you provide online, updated information for your application, your file remains active for one year from the most recent update.
Return to top

If I apply for a position and another similar position occurs after I apply, will I automatically be considered for that second position?
NO, you must specifically select the position in the online system for which you are applying.
Return to top

Do I need to come in every time I want to apply for a position?
All applications are completed online.
Return to top

When do you interview for positions that are shown as "open until filled"?
As soon as there are sufficient qualified candidates to create an interview pool. With hard-to-fill positions, an interview may be scheduled with only a single qualified candidate if other qualified candidates are not available.
Return to top

When do you post your open positions?
We post newly-opened positions as they occur.
Return to top

What kind of qualifications do I need to work in the Shelton School District?
Each position posting has a list of preferred and/or required qualifications needed to be eligible for that specific position.
Return to top

What do I need to do to get released from my contract with my current school district employer?
If you have signed a contract with another school district, you must be released before signing a contract with Shelton School District. Upon receiving a written offer of employment (Letter of Intent) from the Shelton School District, you must request in writing that your current school district release you from your contractual obligation. They will advise you whether you will be released and under what circumstances.
Return to top

Are you actively recruiting minority applicants?
Yes. As a part of our Employment Affirmative Action Plan and our District goals, we continue to place a major emphasis on attracting, recruiting and hiring qualified minority candidates.
Return to top

What about disabled applicants?
We encourage disabled applicants to apply for employment in our District.
Return to top

What if I need an accommodation to complete these materials?
To request accommodation during the process contact our Human Resources office for assistance.
Return to top

If I have questions about your equal employment opportunity policies, whom do I contact?
Linda Arnold, Director of Human Resources, at 360-426-1687 or
Return to top

How will I be notified regarding an interview?
You will be notified by telephone when you have been selected to interview for an opening. We prefer to notify candidates several days in advance, but during our peak hiring in the spring and summer, it is not always possible, so we appreciate your flexibility.
Return to top

Will I be able to work in a smoke-free environment?
Yes, our District complies with State law, which prohibits the use of tobacco on any District property. We are committed to providing a tobacco-free environment for all. We also are committed to providing a safe environment, both weapon & drug-free.
Return to top

Do I need to be a citizen of the United States?
We will hire United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (Title 8, US Code, Section 1.324A). All new employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9), issued by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service, which requires documentation to establish this eligibility.
Return to top

What if I do not have a current State certificate?
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon your holding a valid Washington State Certificate. You may apply for a certificate through the state certification office at:

Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction
P.O. Box 47200
Olympia, WA 98504-7200
Telephone: 360-725-6000
Web site:
Return to top

  • 700 S. First St., Shelton, WA 98584
  • p: 360-426-1687
  • f: 360-427-8610

The Shelton School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Linda Arnold, Director of Human Resources. 360-426-1687. 700 S. 1st Street; Shelton, WA 98584. Complaint procedure can be found on this website under Board Policy #3210 (students) and #5010 (employees).

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.