Kindergarten Readiness & Enrollment (Date Posted 1/22/2019)
KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT & READINESS
Do you know a child who will be five years old on or before August 31? Maybe it's your neighbor, family friend or even your own child. Spread the word... now is the time to register for kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-20 school year is Open February 1, 2019!
We want students to succeed in kindergarten on day one, that's why we offer programs and materials for incoming students and their families to prepare.
How to Enroll
To register your child, please visit your neighborhood school during regular school hours.
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of your address
- Rental agreement, purchase agreement or utility bill
- Documents of public agencies; e.g., courts, Department of Social and Health Services medical coupon or rent voucher, a public utility bill, waste management, or power bill, etc., showing parent’s or guardian’s or adult student’s name and address.
- Official court documents establishing a legal guardianship and the guardian’s residency.
- Parent/Guardians without proof of residency documentation are advised to contact their neighborhood school for enrollment assistance
- Your child’s immunization records for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, hepatitis B, and varicella (chickenpox)
- Two emergency contacts, including addresses and phone numbers
- Physician, dentist, and child care addresses and phone numbers
If your child has a life-threatening condition, including allergies, asthma, diabetes and seizure disorders, you will need to meet with the school nurse before the first day of school or any of the kindergarten readiness programs. The nurse will confirm all medications, medical supplies and healthcare provider orders are in place.
Kindergarten Readiness Programs
Shelton offers unique programs for incoming kindergarten students to help them be “ready for kindergarten” in the fall. These programs include Ready for Kindergarten & Kindergarten Jump Start. The programs are free for Pre-kindergarten and registered kindergarten students. Contact Kristen Fendley for more information, 360-426-1687.