New Student Enrollment
Planning on Enrolling your child in the Shelton School District?
Here are a few things you should know:
- Children MUST be five years old on or before August 31st to enter Kindergarten.
- You will need a copy of your child’s birth certificate.
- You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. Click here for more information: http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/348-295-SchoolImmReqforParents2015-2016.pdf
- Your child’s LEGAL name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
- You will need to either:
- Go to your child’s school, pick up an enrollment packet, fill it out by hand, and take it back to the school with the required documents for processing and review
- OR click on the link below to access the appropriate enrollment paperwork, print it out, complete it and return it to the school.
The following documentation is required to enroll a student:
Note: Families that lack a stable living situation have certain rights or protections under the McKinney-Vento Act. If you do not have a stable address, proof of residency, your child's birth certificate, and/or other documents normally required for enrollment, this will not be an obstacle in enrolling your child in school. We can partner with you to make sure there are no educational barriers for your child, including help with online enrollment. Please ask to speak to our district McKinney-Vento Coordinator if you need help (360-462-2237).
Related Links & Required Forms/Documents
By clicking on the links below, you can access and print registration paperwork to complete and return to the school.